OPITO Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with CA-EBS
OPITO FOET training with CA-EBS includes Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS).
FOET training with CA-EBS is considered the North Sea requirement, if you require a FOET with CA-EBS and EBS (which is considered the international FOET requirement) you can book an OPITO Combined FOET >>
FOET training meets further offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel working in the offshore oil and gas industry. This includes those who will be supplied with a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) during offshore helicopter travel.
Delegates will be given the opportunity to practice and demonstrate emergency response skills which are not possible to practice during drills, exercises and emergency offshore training.
Delegates completing OPITO FOET training with CA-EBS will be able to;
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment and follow procedures in preparing for and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate that they can use basic firefighting equipment effectively, and use self-rescue techniques in low visibility and completely obscured visibility situations e.g. smoke filled areas
- Demonstrate that they can perform basic first aid
- Demonstrate the use of Compressed Air - Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
OPITO FOET training with CA-EBS includes;
- Helicopter safety and escape
- Fire fighting and self rescue
- Emergency first aid
- Compressed Air - Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
In order to complete OPITO FOET training with CA-EBS, delegates MUST hold:
- A valid and in-date BOSIET, TBOSIET, FOET OR TFOET certificate
- A valid and in-date OGUK offshore medical certificate
- A valid and in-date fit to train certificate (mandatory from April 2018, evidence of which must be supplied before the course date)
Please Note: Fit to train relates to the risk of using Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) and is designed to ensure you are physically fit to use them. OPITO offshore survival courses include in-water training with CA-EBS. You can BOOK YOUR FIT TO TRAIN at AIS Training >>
PLEASE NOTE: If your BOSIET, TBOSIET, FOET or TFOET certificate has expired you will not be able to complete FOET. You must do the initial training again.
You can book your BOSIET >> with AIS Training.