Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air (IATA)
General familiarisation or function specific safety training is required by law for all personnel involved in the movement of dangerous goods by air.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has developed the only training standard recognised by airlines for the handling of dangerous goods in air shipping.
The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulatons (DGR) standard has been developed with the International Civil Aviation Authority (ICAO) to ensure guidelines on dangerous goods are effective and efficient.
Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air (IATA) training is fully approved by IATA.
Delegates will be equipped with knowledge of IATA regulations and the skills to correctly prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by air.
The course includes a written exam with a pass mark of 80%.
Delegates completing a Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air (IATA) training course will be able to;
- Understand IATA dangerous goods regulations
- Understand the security aspects and emergency procedures related to dangerous goods
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Correctly handle dangerous goods
- Effectively and efficiently prepare dangerous goods for transport by air
A Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air (IATA) training course includes;
- Regulations including IATA DGR
- Classification and identification
- Packing requirements and specifications
- Packing performance tests
- Marking and labelling consignments
- Shippers declaration and other documentation
- Handling dangerous goods
- Emergency procedures and security
There are no prerequisites for a Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air (IATA) training course.
PLEASE NOTE: This training is delivered at our sister company Survivex's location. Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air (IATA) can also be delivered on-site at your company location.