ECITB Technical SBT Tests validate the competency of candidates.
Technical testing and the associated ECITB certificate of acheivement demonstrates skill, ability and job knowledge in a specific task or activity.
Each Technical Test contains 10 questions and a practical activity on the specified test.
These tests are grant aided for ECITB registered employers.
Who can take a Technical Test?
- New Workers who have an ECITB SBT01 approved course certificate AND a completed work based task assignment personal record signed off by the supervisor.
- Existing workers who have a company letter of endorsement AND a small bore tubing or instrument pipework training certificate(s) (where applicable)
- Self-sponsoring individuals whose CV details previous small bore tubing experience AND have a small bore tubing or instrument pipework training certificate(s) (where applicable)
- All candidates will be issued with a pre-test checklist to ensure they are properly prepared for the testing session
AIS Training can offer the following ECITB Technical SBT Tests;
TSBT01 - Technical Assessment – Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing Assemblies (Twin Ferrule)
- The candidate has to successfully use the appropriate tools, equipment and materials to plan, prepare, fabricate, assemble and install a small bore tubing assembly as per the specified drawing and within set tolerances.
TSBT02 - Technical Assessment – Disassemble and Reinstall Small Bore Tubing Assemblies (Twin Ferrule)
- The candidate has to successfully dismantle, identify faults and defects on small bore tubing assemblies. Then reinstall small bore tubing assemblies using the appropriate tools, equipment and materials as per the specified drawing and specification sheet within set tolerances.
PLEASE NOTE: TSBT01 must be taken prior to TSBT02 if attempting both tests.
In order to complete ECITB Technical SBT Tests, delegates must hold:
- A valid and in-date ECITB SBT01 (stage 1) certificate
- A completed work based task assignment book