Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Appreciation
Non-destructive testing (NDT) describes a wide range of techniques used to evaluate properties of materials or components and detect any flaws in them without causing damage.
NDT is an essential skill in the oil and gas a petrochemical industries. It can also be used in the engineering, automotive and auronautical industries, as well as many others.
The most common types of NDT and inspection include eddy current, dye penetrant, ultrasonic, visual, magnetic particle and radiographic.
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Appreciation introduces the basic principles and methods of NDT.
Delegates will be introduced to essential elements required to carry out quality testing and inspections. This includes inspection standards, procedures, acceptance criteria, Pressure Systems Regulations (PSSR) and NDT certifications.
The training provides valuable knowledge of the specialist NDT industry and an overview of the various methods used with a focus on practical demonstrations and hands-on experience.
Delegates completing a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Appreciation training course will be able to;
- Understand the basic princples of NDT
- Describe NDT methods
- Understand why and when NDT is used
- Understanding the limitations of NDT
- Understand where and why a particular NDT method would be applied
- Understand the mechanics of an inspection
- Gain hands on experience of NDT methods
A Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Appreciation training course includes;
- NDT methods
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Application and defect detection capability
- Practical NDT training exercises
PLEASE NOTE: Optional third say is also available for additional practical NDT training on a specific method.
There are no formal prerequisites for a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Appreciation training course.