This course will provide a development opportunity for individuals who have been identified within their organisation to be suitable to deliver BA training to Fire Service personnel. The course is designed to increase skills, knowledge and methods of instruction in all aspects of Breathing Apparatus.
This course provides the necessary acquisition of knowledge and understanding, through the delivery of a structured learning program (SLP). Individuals will gain the necessary skills to competently plan, prepare and deliver BA exercises and presentations in all aspects of Breathing Apparatus equipment and procedures.
On completion of the training, trainees will have the knowledge and understanding to enable them to:
- Instruct to the minimum standards laid down in the UK Home Office Breathing Apparatus Technical Bulletin 1/1997
- Plan, Prepare and deliver BA exercises
- Observe and provide feedback on BA exercises
- Understanding of the physical constraints of breathing apparatus and monitor performance of committed BA teams.
- Deliver technical presentation
- Instruct personnel to don and doff BA in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions
- Instruct personnel to fully understand the safety procedures when operating SCBA
Delegates must currently be certified as competent in the role of a Breathing Apparatus Wearer.