GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Mechanical
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Technical Training (BTT) standard consists of three modules which includes:
These three modules can also be booked as a combined course at AIS Training >>
GWO BTT Mechanical is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre which provides a realistic training environment, and accomodates personnel working both onshore and offshore.
GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Mechanical provides the knowledge and skills to carry out basic hydraulic tasks on a wind installation.
Delegates will learn to use safe working procedures and correct personal protective equipment (PPE).
Delegates completing a GWO BTT Mechanical training course will be able to;
- Explain the main components, mechanical systems and the basic operation of wind turbines
- Explain risks and hazards associated with mechanics
- Understand the principles of bolted and welded connections and their inspection
- Demonstrate practical skills to use manual tightening and measuring tools.
- Demonstrate the correct use of hydraulic torque and tensioning tools
- Explain the principles of a gearbox
- Explain the function of the brake systems and demonstrate how to inspect them
- Explain the function of the yaw system and explain how to inspect it
- Explain the function of the cooling system and demonstrate how to inspect it
- Explain the function of the lubrication system and demonstrate how to inspect it
A GWO BTT Mechanical includes;
- Mechanical introduction
- Mechanical safety
- The principles of bolted and welded connections
- Use of manual tightening and measuring tools
- Hydraulic torque and tension
- Breaking, yaw, cooling and lubrication systems
- Summary and theoretical test
In order to complete a GWO BTT Mechanical training course, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched a Global Wind Industry Records Database (WINDA) which allows your to verify your GWO certificates with employers.
Registering with WINDA is quick and easy, and you must do this before arriving for your course.
View our step-by-step guide to registering with WINDA >>
FREE Guide To The Wind Industry
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take.
Download your FREE guide now >>