Delegates will gain a basic level of knowledge and understanding in the role of the first aider, first aid kits and recording and reporting of incidents.
All AIS first aid courses are tailored to suit your particular needs and include all training materials, workbooks, examinations and certificates.
While the content of courses is obviously about as serious as anything could be, we have developed training methods designed to make taking a AIS first aid course an enjoyable experience as well as a valuable one.
Successful candidates will be able to act as a first aider in their workplace, carrying out an area assessment and recognition of major and minor illness. This includes;
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider, including assessing an incident.
- Dealing with unconscious casualties.
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Dealing with a casualty who is choking.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is bleeding or suffering from shock.
- Recognising minor injuries and illness and taking appropriate action, such as small cuts, minor burns and splinters. Carrying out the secondary survey.
- Treating a casualty who has major injuries and illness, such as bones, joints and muscles, suspected head and spinal injuries, chest injuries, burns and scalds, eye injuries, sudden poisoning and anaphylaxis.
- Emergency First aid in the Workplace
- Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace