Abrasive wheels are often fitten in grinding machines for various grinding and cutting operations.
Abrasive Wheels training provides an understanding of safe working practices when using abrasive wheels.
The course covers the most current legislation and regulations which apply to abrasive wheels. This includes hazards, precautions and the recommended documentation requirements.
Bespoke training can be developed to include a practical element if requested.
Delegates completing an Abrasive Wheels training course will be able to;
- Understand hazards and precautions
- Identify markings on abrasive wheels for type, size and speed
- Store, handle and transport abrasive wheels
- Inspect and test abrasive wheels for damafe
- Understand the function of all the components used with abrasive wheels
- Assemble and disassemble abrasive wheels
- Dress abrasive wheels
- Correctly adjust work rests, guards and sparks
- Use correct personal protective equipment (PPE)
An Abrasive Wheels training course includes;
- Abrasive wheels
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance
- Working practice and safe usage
There are no prerequisites for an Abrasive Wheels training course.