Companies get thousands of CVs across their desks every day. Make sure yours stands out by including:
- A personal statement
- List of all courses completed
- Employment history, bullet point job descriptions
- Any previous relevant experience
- Relevant certification and covering letter
Make that first impression count by making sure you answer an employer’s question "Why should I see you?"
Your cover letter should include:
- Personally address the letter to the most relevant person
- A ‘Summary of Qualifications’ – listing skills, personal achievements, known software programs etc.
- An understanding / knowledge of the company and job and how you fit the required criteria
- Information tailored to the company you’re applying to
- Details of how your skill set relates to the job
After you send your CV and cover letter, remember to:
- To follow up to see if they’ve received it
- To check that the company has an immediate vacancy or whether your CV can be kept on file for future jobs
- Always thank the employer for their time and consideration
- Always be honest when filling out a job application online
- If you get an interview, follow up with confirmation you’ll attend and a thank you
Don't forget you can create your own CV in your personal training account by selecting the My CV tab. To create an account you can Register with our Career Mapper.