An IRATA Rope Access course provides the skills required in a rope access role.
AIS Training offer the following levels of IRATA rope access courses;
- IRATA Rope Access Level 1 - For trainees just starting out
- IRATA Rope Access Level 2 - For time served technicians wanting to progress their career
- IRATA Rope Access Level 3 - For technicians wanting to move into supervisory roles
To book your required level, please choose your preferred location from the drop-down menu on the right and click book now, then select Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 on the next screen to view available training dates.
IRATA Rope Access Course - Level 1
An entry level course suitable for those starting a career in rope access.
An IRATA Rope Access Level 1 technician is capable of performing a limited range of rope access tasks.
A Level 1 IRATA Rope Access course includes;
- The characteristics of a safe system of work
- Rope access equipment
- Legislation, hazards, risk assessment and method statements
- Equipment, conformity, certification and inspection
- Emergency and rescue procedures
IRATA Rope Access Course - Level 2
An intermediate level training course for those wanting to progress a career in rope access.
An IRATA Level 2 technician is capable of rigging working ropes, undertaking rescues and performing a variety of rope access tasks.
A Level 2 IRATA Rope Access course includes;
- Legislation, guidelines and standards
- Team work and communication
- Equipment and rigging including wide 'y' hang, re-belay, deviations, rope and sling protection, pull-through, tensioned lines, work restraint, horizontal lifelines, anchorage selection
IRATA Rope Access Course - Level 3
A supervisory level training course for those wanting to progress to a rope access supervisor.
An IRATA Level 3 supervisor is capable of site supervision for rope access work projects.
A Level 3 IRATA Rope Access course includes;
- Equipment inspection
- Management and records
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Rescue management
AIS Training also offer a full range of revalidation courses for when your IRATA Level 1, 2 or 3 certification is up for renewal. To book your revalidation course please call us on 0844 800 1810.
Since its formation IRATA International and its member companies have worked tirelessly to improve safety in the industry, produce an internationally recognised industry standard set of guidelines and training requirements and provide a comprehensive assessment and registration process for rope access technicians and supervisors.
By training to IRATA rope access standards with AIS Training, you can be safe in the knowledge you have been trained to the highest level in line with IRATA rope access guidelines and the IRATA International Code of Practice for Rope Access training.
It is recognised that the safety, application and effectiveness of industrial rope access methods depend upon both the capabilities of the personnel who perform them and those responsible for these people. The detailed training programmes and independent assessments are designed to test the candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the operations performed, and to provide the sector with an assured minimum standard of proficiency.