Banksman Slinger Training
Banksman and slinger personnel have the responsibility of ensuring the safety of all lifting crew members throughout crane and slinging operations.
AIS Training have developed an introductory banksman slinger training course providing delegates with the knowledge and skills to safely carry out basic banksman and slinger operations.
Delegates will become competent in the role of a banksman and slinger.
Delegates completing Banksman Slinger training will be able to;
- Identify common unsafe practices and probable consequences
- Understand lift planning
- Relate to crane lifting related incidents
- Understand relevant legislation applicable to lifting operations
- Understand basic functions of a crane
- Understand crane hand and radio signals
- Understand lifting operation risk assessment
- Understand responsibilities of a banksman/slinger
- Understand safe and correct methods of slinging loads, correct use and care of equipment (includes pre-use examination of equipment and identification of defects
There are no prerequisites for Banksman Slinger training.