OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) Further
The Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) Further standard forms part of a wider industry Helideck Training and Competency Framework.
OPITO HERTL Further training gives helideck emergency response team leaders (HERTLs) the opportunity to practice and maintain the skills required for their role.
Delegates will refresh and update their knowledge and skills in aspects of their role which cannot be practiced in the workplace.
Delegates completing an OPITO HERTL Further training course will be able to;
- Refresh elements of OPITO HERTL initial training which cannot be completed in the workplace
- Update their knowledge of key changes to helicopter operations, systems and relevant legislation and regulations over the previous 2 years (approximately)
An OPITO HERTL Further training course includes;
- HERTL Further theory training
- HERTL Further practical training in emergency response
In order to complete an OPITO HERTL Further training course, delegates must hold ONE of the following:
- A valid and in-date OPITO HERTL certificate
- A valid and in-date OPITO HERTL Further certificate
- A valid and in-date OPITO Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) certificate, Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) certificate and Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader (OERTL) certificate
Delegates must also have a valid and in-date offshore medical or operator approved medical certificate.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is delivered on behalf of AIS Training by our partners at Offshore Training Newcastle (OTN) at Newcastle International Airport Training Academy.
The OPITO standard for this course can be found here.
OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTM) initial training is also available to book at AIS Training.