This qualification is designed to provide essential lifesaving skills. This training programme has been developed following the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines.
Electrical defibrillation is well established as the effective therapy for cardiac arrest, the most important determinant of survival being the time from collapse to delivery of the first shock. Today the widespread deployment of Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s) is considered a realistic strategy for reducing death rates due to heart disease.
On successful completion on the course delegates will;
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to demonstrate post- resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
- Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator
- Vital signs
- Basic life support
- Chain of Survival
- Heart rhythms
- AED scenarios
- Troubleshooting problems
- Dealing with the aftermath