OPITO Oil & Gas Fireproofing Training Level 1
Fireproofing is designed to protect the structural steelwork of an oil and gas installation in the event of an explosion or fire.
The fireproofer’s route to achieving OPITO training and competence certification is comprised of the following stages:
- Initial training
- Workplace experience
- Competence assessment
OPITO Oil & Gas Fireproofing Training Level 1 provides an understanding and awareness of the tasks and hazards found in fireproofing operations on oil and gas installations.
Delegates will be given a series of explanations and demonstrations which will identify what they are expected to know and do in their role as a fireproofer. This will be followed by practical exercises which will allow delegates to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding of the fireproofer role.
Delegates completing OPITO Oil & Gas Fireproofing Training Level 1 will be able to;
- Understand the importance of passive fire protection systems in the oil and gas industry
- Apply passive fire protection systems to the primary structure of a platform
OPITO Oil & Gas Fireproofing Training Level 1 includes;
- History and significance of fireproofing
- Hazards and working safely
- Protecting surfaces and the environment
- Compressor awareness
- Workpacks for fireproofing activities
- Coating classifications and procedures
- Quality control and recordkeeping
- Application by hand element
- Application by plural or single component sprayer
There are no prerequisites for OPITO Oil & Gas Fireproofing Training Level 1.