The course provides a combination of theoretical and practical learning. The practical learning includes a wide variety of Lifting Operations and exercises on a large, purpose-built internal lifting frame together with the use of a large mobile crane within our external compound.
To successfully complete Stage 1 delegates must have demonstrated sufficient understanding of all of the learning outcomes for the course and at the end of day 3 and day 5 will be required to undertake a written test for Rigger and Banksman & Slinger Training respectively.
The delegates learning and understanding will also be assessed throughout the practical Lifting Operations.
- Legislation, Regulations and Safety Issues
- Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work
- Definitions and terminology
- Introduction to Lifting Operations & Equipment
- The role of the Rigger, Banksman & Slinger
- Equipment identification and Selection
- Weight identification and estimation
- Basic Principles of Crane Operations
- Communications and visibility
- Conflicting Work Activities
- On and off-shore hazards and Dynamic Factors
- Environmental Factors
- Preparations for Lifting Operations
- Carrying out Lifting Operations (internally & externally)
- Restricted access, blind lifts and unbalanced load lifts
- Restoring the Work Area after lifting operations are completed