IRATA Rope Access Training (Level 1, 2 or 3)
AIS Training offer the following levels of IRATA rope access training;
To book your required level, please choose your preferred location from the drop-down menu on the right and click book now, then select Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 on the next screen to view available training dates.
IRATA Rope Access training provides the skills and knowledge required to work at height where ropes and associated equipment are used to gain access to and from the work position, and to be supported there.
Rope access techniques are used in a wide range of repair, maintenance and inspection roles in industries including offshore oil and gas, renewable energy, confined spaces, power and petrochemical, shipping and harbours.
An entry level course suitable for those starting a career in rope access.
An IRATA Rope Access Level 1 technician is capable of performing a limited range of rope access tasks.
Delegates completing a Level 1 IRATA Rope Access training course will be able to;
- Inspect their own personal rope
- Correctly use access equipment
- Assist in rig and non-standard operations under the guidance of a higher graduate
- Undertake a rescue involving descent by themself and have knowledge of hauling systems
A Level 1 IRATA Rope Access training course includes;
- The characteristics of a safe system of work
- Rope access equipment
- Legislation, hazards, risk assessment and method statements
- Equipment, conformity, certification and inspection
- Emergency and rescue procedures
There are no prerequisites for the Level 1 IRATA Rope Access course.
An intermediate level training course for those wanting to progress a career in rope access.
An IRATA Level 2 technician is capable of rigging working ropes, undertaking rescues and performing a variety of rope access tasks.
Delegates completing a Level 2 IRATA Rope Access training course will be able to;
- Undertake advanced rescues under the supervision of an IRATA level 3 rope access technician
- Perform advanced rope access tasks under the supervision of an IRATA level 3 rope access technician
- Have some knowledge of legislation, safety requirements and quality assurance procedures relating to rope access
A Level 2 IRATA Rope Access training course includes;
- Legislation, guidelines and standards
- Team work and communication
- Equipment and rigging including wide 'y' hang, re-belay, deviations, rope and sling protection, pull-through, tensioned lines, work restraint, horizontal lifelines, anchorage selection
In order to complete a Level 2 IRATA Rope Access training course, delegates must have:
- An IRATA Level 1 certificate
- A minimum of 1000 hours of experience in rope access work
A supervisory level training course for those wanting to progress to a rope access supervisor.
An IRATA Level 3 supervisor is capable of site supervision for rope access work projects.
Delegates completing a Level 3 IRATA Rope Access training course will be able to;
- Supervise rope access work projects
- Understand relevant work techniques and legislation
- Demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of IRATA rope access levels 1 and 2
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques
- Show that suitable first aid training has been undertaken (and hold an appropriate and valid first aid certificate)
- Have knowledge of the IRATA training, assessment and certification scheme
- Be familiar with the contents of the IRATA International Code of Practice (ICOP)
A Level 3 IRATA Rope Access training course includes;
- Equipment inspection
- Management and records
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Rescue management
In order to complete a Level 3 Rope Access training course, delegates must have:
- Held an IRATA Level 2 certificate for at least 1 year
- A minimum of 1000 hours of experience in rope access work at level 2
IRATA Rope Access Training Refresher
Rope access technicians who have not been engaged in rope access work for more than six months are required to attend suitable rope acess refresher training before being allow to work.
AIS Training offer a full range of IRATA Rope Access Refresher training including:
- IRATA Rope Acess Refresher Level 1 - Covering all techniques from initial rope access training
- IRATA Rope Access Refresher Level 2 and 3 - Focusing on rigging and rescue procedures
AIS Training also offer a full range of revalidation courses for when your IRATA Level 1, 2 or 3 certification is up for renewal.
PLEASE NOTE: To book your refresher or revalidation course please call us on 0330 202 0668.