IPAF Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP)
IPAF Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) training is required in all workplace sectors.
IPAF MEWP provides the skills and knowledge to prepare and safely operate various types of MEWPs including a scissor lift and cherry picker.
Operatives will be issued with a Power Access License (PAL) card after successfully passing the theory and practical tests.
Delegates completing an IPAF MEWP training course will be able to;
- Understand and correctly select different types of MEWP
- Inspect the machine
- Route plan and maneuver with consideration of hazards
- Set up and safely use MEWPs in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines and Work at Height act
- Pass the theory and practical tests
An IPAF MEWP training course includes;
- WAH Legislation and relevance to MEWPS
- Selection, application and limitations of relevant MEWPs
- Pre-use inspection and understanding statutory inspections
- MEWP controls and use in accordance with manufactures guidelines
- Emergency lowering procedures
- Theory test (pass/fail)
- Practical assessments (pass/fail)
- Issue of log book and cert application for successful delegates
PLEASE NOTE: This course is delivered by a third party supplier on behalf of AIS Survivex.