The wind industry has been growing rapidly since the early 90's. Check out these incredible statistics surrounding the growing industry.
- The first offshore wind turbine was just one mile off the coast. Today projects are being planned 50 miles out to sea.
- Projects are being planned for depths of up to 45m
- Currently, the largest wind farm is in Thanet with 100 turbines
- The largest offshore turbines are 150m high, with 62m long blades – almost twice the length of a single Airbus 380 wing
- A single wind turbine blade can weigh 25 tonnes
- The loads on a blade during high winds are the equivalent of placing a car at the end of a 3KM beam
Keep Reading! Get the rest of this article by registering for FREE HERE.