This STCW elementary first aid course module is a combination of theory and practical training for basic first aid and lifesaving skills. It provides an introduction to the principles of first aid and shows delegates how to respond to the most common medical emergencies.
Following completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Position the casualty
- Apply resuscitation techniques
- Control bleeding
- Apply appropriate basic shock management techniques
- Apply appropriate measures in the event of burns and scalds
- Rescue and transport a casualty
- Improvise bandages and use an emergency first aid kit
- Dealing with an emergency
- Priorities of treatment
- Casualty transport
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Shock management
The learner must be at least 16 years of age to be issued with a Certificate of Proficiency. In exceptional circumstances where a learner is physically able and fit they may be able to complete the training course prior to her/his 16th birthday.
Please Note: This course can also be booked as part of the STCW Basic Safety Training Package.