The ITC Emergency First Aid at Work with electric shock is suitable for those requiring a first aid certificate with emphasis on the requirements for those working around electricity. Successfully completing the ITC Emergency First Aid at Work will enable the candidate to act as a first aider in the workplace.
All AIS first aid courses are tailored to suit your particular needs and include all training materials, workbooks, examinations and certificates.
While the content of courses is obviously about as serious as anything could be, we have developed training methods designed to make taking a AIS first aid course an enjoyable experience as well as a valuable one.
Successful candidates will be able to act as a first aider in their workplace, carrying out an area assessment and recognition of major and minor illness. On completion of the training, successful candidates will:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider, including assessing an incident.
- Dealing with unconscious casualties.
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Dealing with a casualty who is choking.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is bleeding or suffering from shock.
- Recognising minor injuries and illness and taking appropriate action, such as small cuts, minor burns and splinters.
- Management of the casualty with injuries arising from electricity.
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- External bleeding
- Minor injuries
- Electrical Injury Overview
- Management of casualty with burns
- Management of casualty with fractures, disclocations and spinal injuries