Designed to provide delegates with an understanding of safe working practises when using abrasive wheels. As well as providing information on current legislation and regulations applicable to abrasive wheels.
The course also covers hazards and precautions, and the recommended documentation requirements.
The course can also be structured to include a practical element if requested.
After the course delegates will have knowledge about:
- Hazards And Precautions
- Markings On Abrasive Wheels As To Their Type, Size and Speed
- How To Store, Handle And Transport Abrasive Wheels
- Inspections And Testing Of Abrasive Wheels For Damage
- The Functions Of All Of The Components Used With Abrasive Wheels
- Correct Disassembly And Assembly
- Dressing Of Abrasive Wheels
- Correct Adjustment, I.E. Work Rests, Guards, Spark
- Abrasive Wheels and their hazards
- HSE Guidance
- Practical Working Practice and Safe Usage