Advanced Confined Space and Entry
A staggering number of workers are killed or seriously injured every year in confined spaces in the UK due to a lack of knowledge of confined space environments and the equipment used within them.
AIS Training have therefore developed an exciting Confined Space training course for advanced levels of instruction and rescue simulation.
The advanced level Confined Space training course provides the most thorough experience of working in a confined space either alone or in teams.
Delegates will gain practical experience of working in a dangerous confined space environment and using breathing apparatus sets to prepare them for real-world situations.
The training is delivered in AIS Training's state-of-the-art confined space structure which simulates a real-life enclosure. The confined space simulation includes smoke machines, audio alarm and infra-red cameras that monitor delegates throughout.
Confined Space training is intended for delegates who require the skills and knowledge to apply safe working practices and reduce unnecessary risk.
Delegates completing an Advanced Confined Space training course will be able to;
- Safely enter a confined space
- Understand the dangers associated with confined space
- Access, work and egress safely from a confined space
- Evacuate a confined space in a safe and controlled manner upon the activation of a gas detector
An Advanced Confined Space training course includes;
- Current legislation, ACOP, permit to work and risk assessments
- About confined space and dangers associated with it
- Use of gas detection equipment
- Use of Personal Fall Protective Equipment, (PPE) i.e. harness, fall arrest lanyard, restraint lanyards, tri-pod, davit and retrieval/man riding winches
- Use of escape breathing apparatus sets, including positive pressure, hood and re-breathers
- Pre-entry checks on equipment
- Safe systems of work for entry into a confined space
- Methods of communication and emergency procedures
- Practical use of escape breathing apparatus sets
- Vertical entry and egress using a tripod, davit and retrieval/man-riding winches
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment
- Top-man (supervisor) role and responsibilities
There are no prerequisites for an Advanced Confined Space training course.