A staggering number of workers are killed or seriously injured every year in confined spaces in the UK due to their lack of knowledge of the environments they are working in and the equipment they are working with.
The advanced level Confined Space course offered by AIS is intended for delegates who require the knowledge to allow them to apply safe working practices, reducing unnecessary risk in confined space environments.
Our confined space structure simulates a real life enclosure where the possibility of a dangerous environment could exist and includes smoke machines, audio alarms and infra-red cameras for delegate monitoring. This allows delegates to receive the most thorough experience of confined space, either alone or in teams, preparing them for a real life situation.
This advanced level one day course includes advanced levels of instruction of Rescue simulation.
The Confined Space and Rescue course will;
- Provide the knowledge and practical experience to safely enter a confined space.
- Provide a thorough understanding of the dangers associated with confined space.
- Enable delegates to access, work, egress safely from a confined space.
- Enable delegates to evacuate a confined space safely and controlled upon the activation of a gas detector.
- Current legislation, ACOP, Permit to work and risk assessments
- About confined space & dangers associated with it
- Use of gas detection equipment
- Use of Personal Fall Protective Equipment, i.e. harness, fall arrest lanyard, restraint lanyards, tri-pod, davit and retrieval/man riding winches
- Use of Escape Breathing Apparatus sets, including positive pressure, hood and re-breathers
- Pre-entry checks on equipment
- Safe systems of work for entry into a confined space
- Methods of communication & emergency procedures
- Practical use of Escape Breathing Apparatus sets
- Vertical entry and egress using a tripod, davit and retrieval/man-riding winches
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment
- Top-man (Supervisor) role and responsibilities