GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Hydraulics
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Technical Training (BTT) standard consists of three modules which includes:
These three modules are also available as a combined course >>
GWO BTT Hydraulics is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre which provides a realistic training environment, and accomodates personnel working both onshore and offshore.
GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Hydraulics provides the knowledge and skills to carry out basic hydraulic tasks on a wind installation.
Delegates will learn to use safe working procedures and correct personal protective equipment (PPE).
Delegates completing a GWO BBT Hydraulics training course will be able to;
- Explain the basics of hydraulics
- Explain risks and hazards associated with hydraulic work
- Explain the function of different types of pumps and demonstrate how to check start/stop pressure of a pump
- Explain the function of different types of actuators
- Explain the function of different types of valves
- Explain the function of accumulators and demonstrate how to check and precharge them
- Explain the function of different types of sensors
- Identify the components which transfer the oil
- Describe the handling of oil procedures
- Identify and find different components on a hydraulic diagram
- Demonstrate how to measure the hydraulic pressure accurately
A GWO BTT Hydraulics training course includes;
- Hydraulic introduction
- Hydraulic safety
- Popes, hoses and connections
- Oil and filters
- Hydraulic diagrams
- Pressue measuring tools
- Summary and theoretical test
In order to complete a GWO BTT Hydraulics training course, delegates must:
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST register with WINDA before arriving for your course, certificates will not be issued unless you are.
WINDA is GWO's system that allows employers to easily verify your certificates. CLICK HERE for a step by step guide to registering with WINDA.