This training course is designed to equip delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly prepare shipments of Dangerous Goods for Transport by Air, which complies with the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organisation’s (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air.
This course is fully approved by The International Air Transport Association (IATA), the students will be using the IATA Regulations which are recognised in the industry on a worldwide basis.
All categories of personnel involved in the movement of dangerous goods by air are required by law to receive general familiarization, function specific or safety training.
An exam must be undertaken following the Dangerous Goods training to verify the understanding of the regulations and a pass mark of 75% must be achieved.
This certificate will be registered with the International Air Transport Association.
- Using the Regulations.
- State and operator Variations
- Classification and Identification of Dangerous Goods
- Packing requirements for Dangerous Goods.
- Packing Specifications and Performance tests.
- Marking and Labelling of Dangerous Goods consignments.
- Documentation (including The Shippers Declaration and other documentation)
- Handling of Dangerous Goods.
- Emergency Procedures.
- The Security aspects of Dangerous Goods
Recurrent training must take place within 24 months of previous training to ensure knowledge is current, unless a competent authority requires a shorter period.