Oil & Gas UK (OGUK) Offshore Medical
Every offshore worker must undergo and pass an Oil & Gas UK (OGUK) Offshore Medical examination.
For UK waters and the North Sea, physicians who are approved by the United Kingdom Offshore Operators Association (UKOOA) Health Advisory
Committee should carry out the examination and issue certificates.
The offshore medical certificate, as it is commonly known, is controlled by UKOOA and renewals are necessary every 2 years irrespective of the age of the offshore worker.
Individual operators retain the right to request medical assessments more frequently.
OGUK Offshore Medical Overview
OGUK Offshore Medicals will take place Monday - Thursday and last 30 minutes.
OGUK Offshore Medical Content
An OGUK Offshore Medical covers a range of topics essential under OGUK requirements including;
- Filling in a medical questionnaire
- Height and weight- BMI
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Urine test for blood, glucose, and protein
- Near and far vision and testing for colour blindness- to bring glasses if they use them
- Peak flow test- for testing of the lungs
- Audiometry- hearing test
- Physical examination which includes ears, nose throat, neck, teeth, chest (heart and lungs, abdomen / hernias / genitourinary, neurological and musculoskeletal
There are no prerequisites for an OGUK Offshore Medical. However, delegates must bring:
- Photo identification e.g passport or driving licence
- Reading / distance glasses (if applicable)
- A record of any medical conditions
- Any medications with doses known
If you're looking to start your offshore career, AIS Survivex have created comprehensive course packages that combine all the elements of safety training required for you to set foot on an offshore installation including the OGUK Offshore Medical. The comprehensive packages provide exceptional value for money with a significant discount in comparison to booking each element individually.
Book your Comprehensive OPITO Oil and Gas Offshore Package >>
An OGUK Offshore Medical can also be booked in conjunction with other medical examinations that are relevant to the offshore oil and gas industry.
AIS Survivex offer:
For availability or to book, please contact our Bookings Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 202 0569