ITC Level 3 Certificate in Safe Working Practice in the Wind Turbine Industry
This qualification is designed to support an individual's entry to the Wind Turbine Industry, it is aimed at those who wish to gain essential safety skills and knowledge to allow entry to employment in this sector.
The qualification has been developed with support from the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) and RenewableUK (RUK) as well as several sector training organisations, employers and further education providers.
This Level 3 Certificate covers the following units:
- First Aid in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Manual Handling in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Fire Safety Awareness in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Working at Heights in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Marine Safety and Sea Survival in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Working with Mechanical Systems in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Working with Electrical Systems in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Working with Hydraulic Systems in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Enhanced First Aid in the Wind Turbine Environment
- Advanced Rescue in the Wind Turbine Environment
Upon successful completion of this training programme the delegate will hold an ITC Level 3 Certificate, in addition to this the delegate will have achieved the learning outcomes required to be issued with the following GWO certificates:
- GWO Basic Safety Training (BST)
- GWO Advanced Rescue Training Package (ART)
- GWO Enhanced First Aid Refesher (EFAR)
- GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT)
There are no formal entry requirements for this training programme however this qualification is normally for those 18+ years wishing to gain employment in the wind sector. Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy is advisable.