Skylotec Uplift Rescue is a method of rescuing an injured person from an offshore wind turbine generator.
This rescue technique is necessary when the wind turbine generator is out of reach for boat cover and helicopter rescue is the only option.
Delegates will learn to rescue an injured person from the transition piece of an offshore wind turbine generator to the yaw section, with the final goal of lifting the casualty on to the helideck using advanced rescue techniques.
Skylotec Uplift Rescue is an add-on to the Renewables UK (RUK) / Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Working at Height and Rescue Course.
Delegates completing a Skylotec Uplift Rescue training course will be able to;
- Operate and set up the Skylotec Milan A-029
- Operate the A-029-G Power Drill in combination with the Milan A-029
- Rescue a casualty using the A-029 inside and outside of the wind turbine generator
- Operate a combination of different rescue equipment in a safe manner
- Set up the Milan A-029 in combination with the battery powered drill
- Understand technical specifications of the Skylotec Milan A-029
- Understand technical specifications of the A-029-G Power Drill and batteries
- Understand how to maintain, store and inspect the rescue unit
A Skylotec Uplift Rescue training course includes;
- Use of the Milan A-029 combined with the battery powered drill
- Practical exercises conducting a rescue from the ground or mock offshore transition piece up to the mock nacelle
- Technical specifications, storage, inspection, seal of Milan A-029 unit
You can also book RUK/GWO Working at Height and Rescue at AIS Training.