Eddy Current testing depends on measuring the changes in the impedance of a coil due to change in the flow of eddy current in a conductor. Any material change that affects the flow of the induced eddy current sufficiently can be detected. Because so many things affect the flow, eddy current inspection can be applied to a wide variety of test situations.
This course provides detailed information on the inspection of welds using the Eddy-current Testing method, incorporating the latest equipment. This course is suitable for beginners and personnel with an existing NDT knowledge. PCN approved and provides excellent preparation for the Level 1 examination as specified by the relevant PCN documentation.
The ojectives of the Eddy Current Level 1 Training is;
- To evaluate the variables defined above and define the limitations of examination
- To write clear and concise inspection instructions and test reports
- To meet the syllabus requirements of PCN Level 1
- Electrical properties
- Principles of magnetism
- Principles of electromagnetism
- Eddy-current inspection equipment
- Equipment calibration
- Defect detection and evaluation
- Eddy-current techniques
- Extensive practical experience
- Relevant standards
- PCN documentation
Want to do both Eddy Current Level 1 and Level 2? Call us to book on 0844 800 1810. Priced at £1,550 + VAT.