BINDT Welding Inspection PCN Level 2
Welding inspection is a quality assurance process used to evaluate and test characteristics of a weld including it's quality and size. Welding inspection methods can also be used to detect the presence of a weld and confirm its location and coverage.
A welding inspector is required to witness, supervise or conduct welding inspections to ensure welded components meet specific standards. It is essential a welded component has no discontinuities and is suitable for its intended purpose to avoid the premature failure of welds.
BINDT Welding Inspection PCN Level 2 provides the skills, knowledge and qualification to competently carry out welding inspections.
Welding inspection personnel including technicians, inspectors and engineers will learn to supervise or conduct welding inspection activities at level 2.
The PCN Level 2 examination for welding inspection includes two theory papers and a practical exam.
This course is the equivalent of 40 hours of training.
PLEASE NOTE: The price includes examination fee, PCN levy and all course materials, tests and consumables.
Delegates completing a BINDT Welding Inspection PCN Level 2 training course will be able to;
- Understand factors influencing the quality of fusion welds in steel
- Recognise characteristics of commonly used welding processes in relation to quality control
- Interpret drawing instructions and symbols to ensure specifications are met
- Set up and report on inspection of welds, macrosections and other mechanical tests
- Assess and report on welds to acceptance levels
- Confirm incoming material meets stipulated requirements
- Recognise the effects on weld quality of departure from specification
A BINDT Welding Inspection PCN Level 2 training course includes;
- Welding processes
- Welding defects
- Specification analysis
- Mechanical testing of welds
- Cutting and joint preparation
- Basic steel metallurgy
- Heat affected zone
- Pre-heat and post heat
- Weld repairs and symbols
In order to receive a BINDT Welding Inspection PCN Level 2 certificate, the minimum duration of training is:
The required duration of training is fulfilled by attending this training course.
In order to receive a BINDT Welding Inspection PCN Level 2 certificate, the minimum duration of work experience is:
PLEASE NOTE: The examination may be taken before or after work experience is completed, however the certificate will not be issued until proof of experience is provided. After passing the examination, a results notice is issued by PCN and you then have 24 months to complete the required work experience.