This course will train delegates in the lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations (LOLER) and in how they apply in the workplace.
LOLER is the prime source of information and guidance with respect to legislation concerning onshore and offshore lifting operations and lifting equipment.
This course is an excellent introduction to safe lifting awareness and can be tailored to your specific organisation or industry sector requirements. It also assists companies whose Safety Management System (SMS) requires lifting operations to be safely managed.
On completion of this training programme delegates will be:
- Aware of the LOLER regulations and other relevant regulations.
- Familiar with the requirements imposed by the regulations and how they affect their organisation.
- Able to interpret information from the regulations.
- Capable of interpreting information from a LOLER lifting plan.
- Aware of the circumstances to which the LOLER regulations apply and those to which they don’t.
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessment of lifting operations
- Safe lifting methods
- Safe working practices