Candidates will experience the practical and theoretical application of command and control at Supervisor Level. They will have the use of operational fire teams to manage, assess and direct at a major aerodrome incident. This practical application will be complimented with VR exercises at our purpose built suite.
Applying the necessary application of knowledge and understanding, through delivery of a structured learning program (SLP). Individuals will demonstrate the necessary skills and experience required to competently carry out the role of Airport Incident Commander at aircraft accidents / incidents.
At the end of the course candidates will have the opportunity to:
- State the role and responsibilities of the supervisor within the Incident Command System
- Apply dynamic / analytical risk assessment and appropriate control measures that could be encountered at incidents during practical scenarios and virtual reality simulations bringing the incident to a safe and successful conclusion
- State the relevant legislation for RFFS provision at aerodromes
- Demonstrate effective leadership and communication skills that support the Incident Command System.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage crew safety and welfare throughout incidents
Candidates attending this course must be currently certified as competent in the role of RFFS Supervisor.