GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Package
A GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Package is the best start to a career in the renewables and wind energy industry.
AIS Training have combined five Global Wind Organisation (GWO) training courses to create a package that introduces you to the renewables and wind energy industry.
The GWO BST Package includes:
This package consists of all five courses being delivered over six consecutive days.
Delegates completing a GWO BST Package will be able to;
- Start a career in the renewables and wind energy industry
A GWO BST Package includes;
- GWO Fire Awareness - possible hazards within the wind industry and how to control and mitigate these hazards
- GWO First Aid - administering safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry in accordance with GWO
- GWO Manual Handling - correctly performing manual handling activities in the wind industry/wind turbine environment
- GWO Sea Survival and Transfer - demonstrating sea survival techniques and safe transfer between vessels and installations
- GWO Working at Height - performing safe and comprehensive basic rescue from height in a remote turbine environment while meeting emergency response requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry
In order to complete a GWO BST Package, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched a Global Wind Industry Records Database (WINDA) which allows your to verify your GWO certificates with employers.
Registering with WINDA is quick and easy, and you must do this before arriving for your course.
View our step-by-step guide to registering with WINDA >>
When booking your GWO BST Package you can also include a stay in our on-site hotel before adding your course to the basket. Click BOOK NOW on the right of this course page, select your preffered location and date, and there is a section of the 'book a course' page that asks if you require a hotel room. You can then choose your room and duration of stay from the drop-down menu, before proceeding to add to basket.
PLEASE NOTE: If the duration of the hotel stay you require is not present in the drop-down menu, you can call our team on 0330 202 0668 and they will be happy to accomodate your request.