AIS Training deliver a coaching session for the OPITO Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) Controlling Emergencies assessment.
The training prepares delegates to meet the OIM controlling emergencies standards.
The OPITO assessment is based on a delegate's performance over a minimum of 3 scenarios that are undertaken in a purpose-built simulator, which replicates the main features of the delegate's own installation.
Delegates completing an AIS Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) Controlling Emergencies training course will be able to;
- Meet OPITO standards for OIM controlling emergencies
- Complete the 3 scenarios undertaken in the OPITO assessment
An AIS Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) Controlling Emergencies training course includes the content of possible emergency scenarios in the assessment, which are based upon a major incident chosen from;
- Accomodation fire
- Collision or wave damage causing structural collapse
- Explosion and fire
- Helicopter incident
- Loss of stability (mobile installations)
- Pipeline incident
- Well control incident
In order to complete an AIS Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) Controlling Emergencies training course, delegates must have:
- Completed element 1.1 before the assessment process which is filled in by the delegate attending and endorsed by their line manager
It is also recommended that delegates have already completed an OPITO Major Emergency Management Initial Response (MEMIR) course (or similiar) before attending.
OPITO Major Emergency Management Initial Response (MEMIR) training can also be booked at AIS Training.
PLEASE NOTE: This training is delivered at our sister company Survivex's location.