AIS Training reopening update
AIS Training and our sister company, Survivex, are introducing a comprehensive range of measures to ensure the safety of delegates and staff when training centres are allowed to reopen following the lockdown period.
Paul Knowles, Vice President of Training for AIS Training and Survivex, has been visiting our training centres to assess progress on these measures and explains our reopening plans.
He said: “We have spent the last couple of weeks consulting closely with many of our key clients, as well as industry bodies, to make sure our plans to reopen are as robust as possible and ensure the safe delivery of training for delegates and our own staff.
"We have been meticulous and structured in our approach, investing a considerable amount of time to walk through the delegate journey, ensuring each area of our site is considered and investing in upgraded facilities where necessary.
"I’m confident our processes and procedures will meet the incredibly high standards we’ve set ourselves and we are currently planning for a safe reopening from the 11th May – albeit in a phased and cautious way – subject to government advice.
"There is a lot of work happening ahead of our planned re-opening on the 11th May including installation of video technology to remotely deliver blended learning, implementation of new software platform with tablets at every entrance to permit paperless sign-in and our restaurant teams are creating menus that can be delivered and consumed in the classroom to avoid gatherings at lunch time.
"I’m extremely proud of our team for the vast amount of work and effort they have put into implementing these measures.
"I will continue to provide updates in the lead up to reopening as we endeavour to create what we hope will be a training venue that delegates and clients can have the confidence in attending, knowing that we have done everything possible to enable delegates to maintain their skills safely. This will sit alongside our offerings of onboard and remote learning."
Facilities and procedures
New safety measures implemented at AIS Training ahead of reopening include:
- New wash stations at the entrance to every centre
- Sanitiser stations for delegates in all classrooms with our instructors briefed to sanitise all surfaces and door handles before and after every section of the course - including breaks
- New start time procedures, with course start times staggered to avoid large gatherings in the mornings - our delegates with existing bookings will begin to hear from our customer service colleagues about this very soon
- Temperature checks upon arrival at our centres – this is a crucial stage and our first line of defence to prevent the virus from entering our centres
New social distancing measures implemented at AIS training ahead of reopening include:
- Signage indicating one-way systems around every centre
- ‘Feet’ markings on the ground to set out expectations for maintaining 2-metre gaps
- Tables and chairs in classrooms placed 2 metres apart
- Reduced course delegate numbers - in some instances to just 4 people to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Improved personal protective equipment (PPE) laundry and distribution hub within every centre to ensure that all PPE can be cleaned after every use before it’s returned to delegates - this includes purchasing more than 200 additional coveralls for our delegates to wear