Register today and get £50 off your first course booking ›
- An IRATA approved certificate valid for 3 years
- 5 Days
- Who is it for
- All personnel from new entrant trainees to experienced rope access supervisors looking for training at different levels of Rope Access.
- A good standard of fitness is required in order to participate in this physically demanding course.
The IRATA Rope Access training courses provide the required skills for all persons currently working in or looking to commence any type of rope access work.
We offer the following levels of Rope Access courses;
- IRATA Rope Access Level 1 training course - For trainees just starting out.
- IRATA Rope Access Level 2 training course - For time served technicians wanting to progress their career
- IRATA Rope Access Level 3 training course - For technicians wanting to move into supervisory roles
- We also offer a full range of revalidation courses for each level for when your IRATA certification is up for renewal. To book your revalidation course please call us on 0844 800 1810.
Since its formation IRATA International and its member companies have worked tirelessly to improve safety in the industry, produce an internationally recognised industry standard set of guidelines and training requirements and provide a comprehensive assessment and registration process for rope access technicians and supervisors.
By training to IRATA rope access standards with AIS, you can be safe in the knowledge you have been trained to the highest level in line with IRATA rope access guidelines and the IRATA International Code of Practice for Rope Access training.
It is recognised that the safety, application and effectiveness of industrial rope access methods depend upon both the capabilities of the personnel who perform them and those responsible for these people. The detailed training programmes and independent assessments are designed to test the candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the operations performed, and to provide the sector with an assured minimum standard of proficiency.
IRATA International has a formal training and certification scheme, and grading structure and all IRATA International members. Rope Access Technicians are grouped into three technical grades, depending upon their experience and level of assessment.
The three technical grades are:
Level 1 is the starter course for trainee technicians. They will be able to perform a specified range of rope access tasks under the supervision of a Level 3 technician.
An experienced rope access technician who has Level 1 skills plus more complex rigging, rescue and rope access skills, under the supervision of a Level 3.
A rope access technician who is capable of complete responsibility for rope access safety in work projects; is able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required of Levels 1 and 2; is conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation; has an extensive knowledge of advanced rigging and rescue techniques; holds an appropriate and current first aid certificate and has knowledge of the IRATA International certification scheme.
Rope Access Instructor